Large explosion hits near headquarters of Syria's ruling party
Thursday 21 February 2013
A large explosion has shaken central Damascus, striking near the headquarters of the ruling Baath party and the Russian Embassy.
State TV also reported today's blast in the Syrian capital, calling it a "terrorist" attack and saying there were casualties.
Ambulances have rushed to the scene of the explosion, which also shattered windows and sent up a huge cloud of smoke visible throughout much of the city.
Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks, Raisa and a new twist in the saga of a horse fit for a Prime Minister
Israel-Gaza conflict: Palestinian death toll now exceeds 500 – but Israel fights on
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Charter Selection: This highly prestigious luxury b...
£45,000 to £55,000: IT Connections Ltd: C++ Software Developer / Image Process...
£30,000 to £40,000: IT Connections Ltd: Java / J2EE Developer / Agile / Linux ...
£45,000 to £55,000: IT Connections Ltd: Software Development Manager / Java / ...