Limbless man swims Red Sea
Saturday 23 June 2012
A Frenchman who lost all his limbs has completed the latest stage of his round-the-world swimming odyssey, reaching Jordan using custom-made flippers to propel himself through the Red Sea from Egypt.
Philippe Croizon, 44, above, took about five hours to complete the 12-mile crossing. He set out for the first stretch in May, swimming a similar distance from Papua New Guinea to Indonesia.
He is due to swim between Gibraltar and Morocco in July. Mr Croizon lost his limbs in 1994 after receiving a powerful electric shock.
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
Royal Tour 2014: Is the Duchess of Cambridge the only person ever to climb into a fighter jet wearing a dress and high heels?
Kim Jong-un, crowds and contraband: Inside North Korea with the Pyongyang marathon winner
Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...