Palestinian fishermen mystified after bloodied Mobula ray fish wash up on Gaza beach
Thursday 28 February 2013
Palestinian fisherman have been left mystified after hundreds of bloodied Mobula Ray fish were found washed up on a Gaza beach.
Around 220 of the fish appeared on the Gaza City beach yesterday, the Times of Israel has reported.
It is thought to be the first time in five years that fishermen are catching the ray fish in waters off Gaza.
The sea creatures were promptly carted off to market where one fisherman said they could fetch up to $1.50 per kilo.
The fish, which are from the same family as Manta rays can reach a width of up to 17ft.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...