Palestinian fishermen mystified after bloodied Mobula ray fish wash up on Gaza beach
Palestinian fisherman have been left mystified after hundreds of bloodied Mobula Ray fish were found washed up on a Gaza beach.
Around 220 of the fish appeared on the Gaza City beach yesterday, the Times of Israel has reported.
It is thought to be the first time in five years that fishermen are catching the ray fish in waters off Gaza.
The sea creatures were promptly carted off to market where one fisherman said they could fetch up to $1.50 per kilo.
The fish, which are from the same family as Manta rays can reach a width of up to 17ft.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...