Politician claims Tehran can produce nuclear arms
Sunday 08 April 2012
A prominent Iranian politician has for the first time publicly declared that Iran has the ability to produce nuclear weapons, but will never do so.
Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam said Iran can easily produce the highly enriched uranium that is used to build atomic bombs but it is not Tehran's policy to do so. Moghadam made the comment in an interview with the parliamentary news website, icana.ir, on Friday.
His views do not represent the Iranian government's policy.
Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks, Raisa and a new twist in the saga of a horse fit for a Prime Minister
Israel-Gaza conflict: Palestinian death toll now exceeds 500 – but Israel fights on
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
£45,000 to £55,000: IT Connections Ltd: C++ Software Developer / Image Process...
£30,000 to £40,000: IT Connections Ltd: Java / J2EE Developer / Agile / Linux ...
£45,000 to £55,000: IT Connections Ltd: Software Development Manager / Java / ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading Nationwide and important...