Suicide bombers kill at least 20 soldiers in birthplace of Syrian uprising
Sunday 11 November 2012
At least 20 Syrian soldiers were killed yesterday when suicide car bombers struck at a military base in Dara'a, the southern city where the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad began 20 months ago.
The state-run news agency, which rarely provides death tolls for the military, reported bombings in Dara'a that killed seven civilians and wounded others. The reports could not be verified. There was no claim of responsibility for the Dara'a attack, but Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qa'ida-inspired group fighting alongside rebels, has said it was responsible for similar bombings in the past.
Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Five facts you never knew about your (almost obsolete) tax disc
The Aral Sea: Nasa pictures show how what was once the fourth largest lake in the world has become almost completely dry
Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...