Syrian rebels gain ground in Aleppo on eve of truce
Friday 26 October 2012
Anti-regime forces made major advances in Syria's largest city yesterday, claiming to have seized new areas in fighting on the eve of an internationally mandated ceasefire that will theoretically run until Monday.
Activists in Aleppo reported heavy clashes, particularly around a military airport.
Bassam al-Dada, a spokesman for the rebels, said they had taken several areas that have seen months of clashes, including the south-western neighbourhoods of Salaheddin and Suleiman a-Halabi.
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...