Thousands mark Easter Mass in Jerusalem
Sunday 08 April 2012
Thousands of Christians celebrated Easter Mass in Jerusalem in an array of processions and prayer sessions.
In the ancient Church of the Holy Sepulchre, clergymen in flowing white and gold robes celebrated Mass, the air fragrant with incense.
Italian prime minister Mario Monti, in the church on a private visit, joined the masses of Christian faithful. He shook hands with pilgrims and spoke to monks in the Old City.
Just outside the ancient city's walls, about 350 Protestants sang Gospel music in the Garden Tomb, where Jesus is believed to be buried.
Easter Sunday caps a week of holidays that commemorate the crucifixion and return to life of Jesus.
Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate Palm Sunday today and Easter next week.
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Tesco in crisis: UK managing director among four executives suspended after exposure of accounting scandal
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Alicia Keys leaks own nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful, Central London bas...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Qualified English tea...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment...
£60000 - £65000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A globally successful media and ...