US-born Israeli held in Egypt 'not Mossad spy'
Wednesday 15 June 2011
Israel's Foreign Minister insisted yesterday that a US-born Israeli arrested in Egypt on espionage charges is not a spy.
Ilan Grapel, who served in the Israeli army as a paratrooper, "has no connection to any intelligence agency, not in Israel, not in the US and not on Mars," Avigdor Lieberman said.
He said Mr Grapel's arrest was a "mistake or bizarre behaviour" by the Egyptians.
Mr Grapel's family say he is a law student in Atlanta and not a Mossad agent out to sabotage Egypt's revolution, as Egyptian authorities claim.
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
Syria conflict: Syrian and Turkish Kurds unite to battle Isis threat - ‘We shoot them like sheep, but next day double the number return’
Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...