Short pipe 'killed Gerulaitis'

Short pipe 'killed Gerulaitis'

New York - A workman's mistake caused last year's death of the tennis star Vitas Gerulaitis, a prosecutor said as a swimming-pool mechanic and his employer were formally charged with criminally negligent homicide and manslaughter respectively. Suffolk County District Attorney James Catterson said Bartholomew Torpey, 35, failed to install the correct length of pipe from a pool heating system, trapping carbon monoxide gas near the room where Gerulaitis was resting.Gerulaitis, 40, was found dead on 18 September in a pool cottage on the estate of his friend Martin Raynes, a property developer. Reuter

Comments