Stasi man jailed for 'Carlos' link
Tuesday 12 April 1994
Helmut Voigt, who headed the 'terrorism' section of the Stasi secret police, admitted supplying the explosives used in the attack on a French cultural centre, which left one person dead and 23 injured. Mr Voigt is the first former Stasi agent to stand trial on such charges. German investigators believe the motive behind the 1983 attack was to force the release of Magdalena Kopp, the German girlfriend of 'Carlos' who was in jail in France for possessing explosives.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...