Zairean troops 'revolt over pay'
Tuesday 22 December 1992
The soldiers started systematically stripping the town, 750 miles from the capital, on Sunday. 'What's broken out in Kisangani is a gigantic mutiny,' a military source in Kinshasa said.
State radio said the soldiers were unhappy with their pay; army chiefs were appealing for calm. Kisangani was one of several cities devastated by a wave of army-led looting in September and October last year.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£33000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Leeds If y...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...