The 10 Best outdoor playsets
From sandpits to monkey bars, have lots of fun in the sun
1. Sand pit
This dinky playpit in a tasteful wood design won't make your lawn look like a Disney outpost.
With rounded corners, chunky footholds and wide, stable base, this slide is great for little ones.
3. Tree swing
If you are lucky enough to have a tree, turn it into one big garden toy with one of these wooden swings for over-fours.
4. Paddling pool
Alas, there have been precious few chances for swimming this summer. But make the most of every ray with this paddling pool.
5. Junior trampoline and enclosure
No need to worry about mishaps on this junior trampoline – it comes with cotton safety sides.
6. Adventure set
This costs a fortune, there is no getting around it. But if you do have the cash, there is no better play set than the sturdy Kudu.
7. Dining set
Children's furniture doesn't come much cooler. It's stackable, hard-wearing and easy to clean.
8. Monkey bars
A set of these monkey bars will keep children amused for hours. They're made of a durable plastic, so they won't rust.
9. Water play table
Fill it full of water and watch the fun start. It's big enough for two children to play with at once and comes with a crow's nest for toys.
10. Play house
Big enough for two – or three, at a push – this house has shutters, a windowed door and even a skylight in the roof for extra light.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.