Dish of the day: Pep up a dinner party with delightful designer plates
Sunday 14 August 2011
1. St Paul's/Millennium Bridge plate
Snowden Flood, £24.95. Part of a range of London landmark ceramics from this fêted Brixton designer. 020 7401 8710, snowdenflood.com
2. Handmade ceramic celadon plates
Eliska Design, £80 for set of four. These beautifully streamlined, handwash-only Balian dishes are best reserved for special occasions. 020 7723 5521, eliskadesign.com
3. Large Navy Splatter plate
Emma Bridgewater, £25. Keep mealtimes messy with this Pollock-like design. 020 7734 1234, liberty.co.uk
4. Pip Studio Love Birds Plate
John Lewis, £10.99. Dine cute with this red-robin plate from the twee design house. 08456 049 049, johnlewis.com
5. Crazy Daisy Coupe plate
Portmeirion, £52 for set of four. Show your flower power with this eye-catching horticultural earthenware. 01782 744 721, portmeirion.co.uk
6. Daily Aesthetics plate
Seletti, £12.95. Don't be fooled – it may look like a paper plate, but this quirky porcelain piece is anything but disposable. 0844 848 4000, conranshop.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...