Dish of the day: Pep up a dinner party with delightful designer plates
Sunday 14 August 2011
1. St Paul's/Millennium Bridge plate
Snowden Flood, £24.95. Part of a range of London landmark ceramics from this fêted Brixton designer. 020 7401 8710, snowdenflood.com
2. Handmade ceramic celadon plates
Eliska Design, £80 for set of four. These beautifully streamlined, handwash-only Balian dishes are best reserved for special occasions. 020 7723 5521, eliskadesign.com
3. Large Navy Splatter plate
Emma Bridgewater, £25. Keep mealtimes messy with this Pollock-like design. 020 7734 1234, liberty.co.uk
4. Pip Studio Love Birds Plate
John Lewis, £10.99. Dine cute with this red-robin plate from the twee design house. 08456 049 049, johnlewis.com
5. Crazy Daisy Coupe plate
Portmeirion, £52 for set of four. Show your flower power with this eye-catching horticultural earthenware. 01782 744 721, portmeirion.co.uk
6. Daily Aesthetics plate
Seletti, £12.95. Don't be fooled – it may look like a paper plate, but this quirky porcelain piece is anything but disposable. 0844 848 4000, conranshop.co.uk
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...