Not too shabby: Because the distressed look needn't mean worse for wear
Sunday 04 March 2012
1. Loose fit urban sofa cover
Bemz, from £309 for Klippan sofa. A stylishly wrinkled range from this firm specialising in custom slipcovers for Ikea furniture. bemz.com/en-gb
2. Crate side table
Ines Cole, £195. Pack it in with this funky upcycled piece. Liberty, London W1, tel: 020 7734 1234
3. Mirror Jar lamp base
Anthroplogie, £138 small, £248 large. Mercury speckles make this base both distressed and distorting. anthropologie.eu
4. Red Distressed Oval Clock
Sweetpea & Willow, £95. Go back in time with this antique-look, crackle-glazed timepiece. 0845 257 2627, sweetpeaandwillow.com
5. Distressed coat rack
Rigby & Mac, £10.95 for two-hook rack, £21.95 for four-hook rack. We're hung up on these cute racks, also available in turquoise. 020 8761 1011, rigbyandmac.com
6. 2 tone industrial bar stool
Alexander & Pearl, £165. Mottled iron stools with the whiff of the warehouse. 020 8787 7081, alexanderandpearl.co.uk
As Voltaire once said, “Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal”
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C#.NET VB6 Developer (Software Developer, Softwa...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst - (Active Di...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...