The 10 Best eco cleaners
Keep your house clean and protect the environment at the same time with this range of chemical-free products
1. Ecover toilet cleaner
May tear through limescale and attack bacteria, but it goes quite easy on the environment, using things like citric acid and xanthan gum, not the heavy-duty stuff you usually find in cleaners.
2. Ecoleaf non biological washing powder
Won't last long if you have a large family (the pack is good for 18 washes) but when it comes to being eco-friendly it's top-notch. A pleasant summery aroma.
3. Natural and Clean carpet and upholstery cleaner
Remove those nasty wine or food stains with this gentle foaming carpet cleaner. It's PH-neutral, made from plant extract, so is fully biodegradable.
4. E-Stain eco stain remover
Heavy stains mean heavy chemicals, right? Well not with this stain-removing liquid. Just squeeze on a lump of the phosphate- and boron-free cream, leave for 10 minutes, and wash.
5. E-cloth glass and window
Instead of using day-glo sprays to clean your mirror or windows, try this deft little cloth. Made from millions of tiny fibres which, when wet, attract dirt and rub away streaks. Re-use 300 times.
6. Method Tub Scrub
Rather than irritating chemicals, this uses abrasive milled marble to get rid of limescale build-up. It also uses fragrant eucalyptus oil and a magnesium compound as dispersants for soap scum.
7. Earth-Friendly household cleaner
Uses nature's own cleaner, orange oil, to cut through grease and get rid of dirt. The advantage of this is not just environmental – it also leaves a nice flowery smell.
8. Ecozone kettle & iron descaler
We all know that every now and then we need to de-scale the kettle and iron if we want it to work more efficiently. This descaler uses citric acid to fight grime.
9. Method dish soap
Forget the standard supermarket stuff, check out Method's dish soap which is surprisingly tough, cutting through grease and stains with ease. Plus its bottle is made from recycled plastic.
10. Eco toilet freshener
Does the job of fresheners that dangle into the toilet bowl, only this isn't made from chemicals but German stainless steel, which neutralises odours when it comes into contact with water.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers to ignore 'craze'
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K YR1: SThree: At SThree, we like to be dif...
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive is needed to join one...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Software Engineer i...