Broad set to miss third ODI
Tuesday 08 September 2009
England all-rounder Stuart Broad has been granted a few days rest and will not feature in tomorrow's third NatWest series match against Australia at the Rose Bowl.
Broad, 23, sustained a neck strain in the opening match of the series last Friday which caused him to miss the second game at Lord's on Sunday.
Although England are 2-0 down and Broad is a major player in their one-day plans, it was decided to allow him further recuperation time given the heavy scheduling over the next month.
Broad will rejoin the party on Thursday evening in anticipation of featuring in the fourth match of seven at Lord's on Saturday.
In the meantime, England will effectively pick from a 13-man squad, with Kent opening batsman Joe Denly unavailable for Wednesday's day-nighter due to his knee injury.
Meanwhile, fast bowler Graham Onions joined up with the party this morning at the Rose Bowl to bolster the options in the attack.
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women