Kiwis keep T20 series alive
Friday 02 July 2010
England's Danielle Hazell was bowled out at the Rose Bowl yesterday as New Zealand's women close on a four-run victory to level the three-match Twenty20 series with one more to play.
The hosts' captain, Charlotte Edwards, was run out without facing a ball as the hosts were restricted to 143 for 8 in reply to the Kiwis' 147 for 8. Although opener Sarah Taylor made a spirited 73, she too was run out, with Sian Ruck taking 3 for 15 to keep the tourists' series alive ahead of today's decider at Hove.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget