Kiwis keep T20 series alive
Friday 02 July 2010
England's Danielle Hazell was bowled out at the Rose Bowl yesterday as New Zealand's women close on a four-run victory to level the three-match Twenty20 series with one more to play.
The hosts' captain, Charlotte Edwards, was run out without facing a ball as the hosts were restricted to 143 for 8 in reply to the Kiwis' 147 for 8. Although opener Sarah Taylor made a spirited 73, she too was run out, with Sian Ruck taking 3 for 15 to keep the tourists' series alive ahead of today's decider at Hove.
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke