Kiwis keep T20 series alive
Friday 02 July 2010
England's Danielle Hazell was bowled out at the Rose Bowl yesterday as New Zealand's women close on a four-run victory to level the three-match Twenty20 series with one more to play.
The hosts' captain, Charlotte Edwards, was run out without facing a ball as the hosts were restricted to 143 for 8 in reply to the Kiwis' 147 for 8. Although opener Sarah Taylor made a spirited 73, she too was run out, with Sian Ruck taking 3 for 15 to keep the tourists' series alive ahead of today's decider at Hove.
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast