Lunch Report: Kent 324-1 v New Zealanders
Lunch on the second day of three (Kent won toss)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
No play was possible before lunch here today because of rain, although an inspection was due to be taken shortly before the start of the scheduled interval in case something could be done to get in some play before another expected band of heavy rain moved in over the St Lawrence Ground this afternoon.
It meant Rob Key, the Kent captain was denied the chance to add to his overnight 178. At least he had the satisfaction of knowing that on reaching the 36th hundred of his first class career he had also set a county record. This was the 15th hundred Key has scored for Kent on this ground (and the 16th in all), more than any other Kent batsman has managed. The previous best was 14 by Neil Taylor.
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'