Northamptonshire win promotion to the First Division
Wednesday 25 September 2013
Northamptonshire have won promotion to the First Division of the County Championship, even though they fell short of their bonus points target against Worcestershire.
They were all out for 202 on the second day at New Road, despite Rob Keogh's 57, earning only one of the two batting points they needed.However, they could only be caught as runners-up in the Second Division if they lost and Essex beat Hampshire with maximum points. Promotion was guaranteed when Essex were all out for 207 and forced to follow on.
Northants will stage an open-top bus parade on Friday.
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave