Agent predicts Eto'o Ibrahimovic swap to go through
Thursday 23 July 2009
Samuel Eto'o's agent is confident the Barcelona striker will wrap up his move to Inter Milan sooner rather than later.
Inter are negotiating with Eto'o and his agent with a view to bringing him to the San Siro in a swap deal which would see Zlatan Ibrahimovic move the opposite way. The Serie A club will also receive 45 million euros and Alexander Hleb on a season-long loan.
And Josep Maria Mesalles believes the deal could be finalised by the end of the day.
"We still have to work a lot," he told reporters. "But I am optimistic, the agreement is close.
"Eto'o wants to come to Inter and he is very happy to come to Inter. We have taken a lot of steps forward."
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
musicThe 21-year-old beat Ella Eyre and Chlöe Howl to win the honour
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial