Alan Pardew resists call for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa
Newcastle take on Metalist Kharkiv in the Europa League tonight
Wednesday 20 February 2013
Newcastle's manager, Alan Pardew, will not bring back Hatem Ben Arfa for the Europa League round-of-32 second leg against Metalist Kharkiv.
The French midfielder has been out since December with a hamstring injury but has now returned to training. The tie stands at 0-0 after the match at St James' Park but Pardew is intending to bring Ben Arfa back in Sunday's Premier League match against Southampton.
The Metalist manager, Myron Markevich, warned his players not to underestimate Newcastle despite their lowly League position. "Newcastle are a very good team and they shouldn't be in the position they are in," he said. "They should be in the top 10, minimum."
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile