Andriy Shevchenko remains wary of Manchester City threat
Friday 11 March 2011
Former Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko has warned his Dynamo Kiev team-mates to expect a rough ride against Manchester City at Eastlands in the return leg of their Europa League last-16 tie.
Shevchenko, 34, opened the scoring last night, with Oleh Gusev also on target in a 2-0 home win.
The result gives Dynamo a useful advantage going into the second leg next Thursday, but Shevchenko is taking nothing for granted.
He said: "This was only the first half. It will be a completely different game in Manchester.
"We are very glad to have won. I think our fans really enjoyed this game.
"What was the most difficult thing? Sticking to our tactical plan. We played very well from a tactical point of view, and I must give full credit to our defenders."
Latest in Sport
Petr Cech demands talks over Chelsea future as Thibaut Courtois begs him to stay – as mentor
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
Besiktas vs Arsenal player ratings: Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers - who was the Gunners star man?
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head