Barcelona 'reach agreement' with Ibrahimovic
Friday 24 July 2009
Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle with Inter Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the striker to sign for the European champions, sporting director Txiki Begiristain said today.
"There are agreements in principle with the player and with Inter and the documents are being drawn up," Begiristain told Barca TV.
He added that only a few details remained to be worked out and Ibrahimovic could be presented as a Barcelona player as early as Monday.
The Swedish international is set to move to Barca as part of a swap deal that would see Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o moving to Inter and the Spanish club paying a reported 40 million euros on top.
Eto'o's agent said yesterday the player had agreed personal terms with Inter.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail