Bayern chairman calls for action against Lehman

Click to follow
The Independent Football

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has called on the German Football Federation to take action against Jens Lehmann.

The veteran Stuttgart and former Germany goalkeeper has earned the wrath of Bayern after suggesting that they have been the beneficiaries of generous refereeing decisions at times this season.



Lehmann's comments have further stoked up the atmosphere ahead of Saturday's final-day meeting of the two sides after which Bayern could be crowned champions.



"Jens Lehmann is accusing referees of manipulation and deception. That is ridiculous," said Rummenigge.



"I am interested to see how the DFB react to the issue.



"Of course Jens has an agenda. He wants to turn the atmosphere against us."



Elsewhere, veteran full-back Michael Tarnat has accused Hannover of a lack of respect over their handling of his future.



The 39-year-old full-back was informed in the build-up to the weekend defeat by Wolfsburg that he would not be receiving a new contract.



The former Germany international had spent five seasons with the Lower Saxony club but is now likely to hang up his boots.



"Four hours before the game, I was told that my contract would not be extended," he revealed.



"The way it all happened was shocking and disappointing.



"We had a discussion in April and I said that I would like to play on for another year, also because I have not played very often this year due to injury and the club wanted to think about it. Then nothing happened until now.



"(Coach) Dieter Hecking told me as we were walking that I would play against Wolfsburg and almost in the same breath he said my contract would not be extended.



"I said in the past that I would end my career with Hannover and, unless a big club comes in for me, that is how it will be."



Werder Bremen have warned Juventus that a deal to sign their Brazilian midfielder Diego is still far from agreed.



Speaking last week, both Diego and his agent claimed his much-discussed move to Serie A for next season was on the verge of being completed.



Juve were believed to have agreed a fee in the region of 25million euros for the attacking midfielder and discussions over personal terms had also been concluded.



However, Werder general manager Klaus Allofs has thrown a spanner in the works after claiming that no deal has yet been struck between the clubs.



"It's not a done deal yet. There are still things to sort out," he warned.



"Little obstacles which are not insurmountable."

Comments