Bayern Munich rev up for Juventus Champions League test
Sunday 31 March 2013
Bayern Munich will be in buoyant spirits for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final match with Juventus tomorrow after they thrashed Hamburg 9-2 at the weekend, the biggest Bundesliga win for 13 years, keeping them 20 points clear at the top. Juventus, meanwhile, beat Internazionale 2-1 on Saturday at San Siro, to keep their nine-point lead at the top of Serie A.
Lionel Messi lines up for Barcelona against David Beckham's Paris Saint-Germain on the same night fresh from becoming the first player to score against every other La Liga team consecutively as Barça beat Celta Vigo 2-1. PSG warmed up for the home leg by beating reigning Ligue 1 champions Montpellier 1-0 on Friday, to extend their lead at the top to seven points.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace