Bendtner ruled out after car accident
Monday 28 September 2009
Arsenal will be without Nicklas Bendtner for tomorrow's Champions League game against Olympiakos after the striker was involved in a minor car accident.
Manager Arsene Wenger said: "Nicklas did not practice because he had a car accident yesterday.
"Fortunately there was no real long-term damage, but he was bruised and we thought it better he did not train.
"He should be back for Sunday's game [against Blackburn]."
England forward Theo Walcott is expected to return from a back problem in time for the weekend, but Denilson is set for up to two months on the sidelines with a fracture to his back.
Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is still troubled by the chest infection, so Vito Mannone will continue in his place following man-of-the-match display against Fulham.
Bendtner, 21, was driving along the A1 yesterday morning towards South Mimms when his car left the road.
It is understood no other vehicle was involved in the incident and a Hertfordshire police spokesman said: "We were called at 10.15am to a report of a single vehicle road traffic collision.
"A black Aston Martin vehicle had left the road. The driver was not seriously injured."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics