Berlusconi involved in AC Milan formation row
Tuesday 25 August 2009
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has risked undermining new coach Leonardo before the city derby by saying he prefers a different formation to the one used by the Brazilian.
Milan won 2-1 at Siena on Saturday in their Serie A opener with the impressive Ronaldinho playing behind frontmen Alexandre Pato and Marco Borriello.
However, Berlusconi wants to see Ronaldinho pushed further forward for Saturday's meeting with champions Inter Milan, who were held 1-1 at home by Bari on Sunday.
"If I was choosing the formation, I would play Clarence Seedorf in the hole, Pato as the main striker with Ronaldinho as second striker," the Italian prime minister told 7 Gold television late on Monday.
New striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar is available for the derby after serving a ban against Siena carried over from his time at Real Madrid.
Inter are close to a deal for Real playmaker Wesley Sneijder, media reports have said, with the Dutchman possibly starting the derby after coach Jose Mourinho questioned Sulley Muntari's fitness given the Ghanaian's commitment to Ramadan.
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile