Campeones: How Real Madrid beat Barcelona to La Liga crown
Real Madrid's victory over Atletic Bilbao last night saw them bring an end to Barcelona's run of three straight Primera Liga titles.
It has been an incredible season for Jose Mourinho's side, who remain on course to reach 100 points for the season and who have scored over 100 goals. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 44 of those.
Mourinho has described his seventh domestic title as the "toughest" of his career, telling RealMadridTV: "I won the league title in Portugal, Italy and England, but this one has been the toughest.
"I've won seven league titles overall and I know what it feels like.
"Barcelona won all their games, as befits the great team that they are. They've been winning to the very last day.
"They are a club with great tradition that knows we deserved to win this title."
Here, we take a look at the twists and turns in Real's battle to usurp their great rivals.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
Petr Cech demands talks over Chelsea future as Thibaut Courtois begs him to stay – as mentor
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
Besiktas vs Arsenal player ratings: Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers - who was the Gunners star man?
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK