Champions League: Manchester United v Braga match preview
A look ahead to tonight's Champions League fixture at Old Trafford
Manchester United continue their Champions League campaign hoping to maintain their 100 per cent start to the competition.
Alex Ferguson has said he will rest Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra with next weekend's Premier League clash with Chelsea in mind, but that appears a risky move.
Braga showed they're no push over on the road with their victory over Galatasaray in Turkey in the last round of fixtures. The 2011 Europa League finalists currently sit third in the Portuguese Primeira Liga table and have shown their ability to find the back of the net with 15 goals in six league games.
United have so far seen off Galatasaray 1-0 at Old Trafford and followed that up by beating CFR Cluj 2-1 in Romania.
KICK-OFF: Tonight, 7.45pm
PAST MEETINGS: Manchester United and Braga have never met before.
We could be in for an early goal. In each of United's last five Champions League games, there has been a goal inside the first 15 minutes.
Braga have not lost any of their last five matches against English opposition, winning four of them. They have also conceded just one goal across those games.
TV: Live on ITV1 from 7.45pm.
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t