Chelsea v Atletico Madrid: 10 talking points ahead of Champions League semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge
The winner of the fixture will face Real Madrid in the final on 24 May
Wednesday 30 April 2014
Atletico Madrid travel to Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea tonight in the Champions League, with the tie finely balanced.
Last week, the teams drew 0-0 at the Vicente Calderon, with Chelsea putting in a fine defensive display, although they did lose key players Petr Cech and John Terry to injury.
The winner of tonight's return leg will take on Real Madrid, who defeated Bayern Munich 4-0 last night at the Allianz Arena, completing a 5-0 aggregate triumph over the Germans, the current holders of Europe's elite competition.
So here, we take a look at 10 of the main talking points surrounding tonight's match.
Check out our guide below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland