Diego set to leave Wolfsburg
Friday 24 June 2011
Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath has told Brazilian midfielder Diego to look for a new club.
Magath says he came to the conclusion that "future cooperation would be difficult and that it's better to go our separate ways" after a talk with Diego.
Diego left the team hotel before the last Bundesliga match of the season at Hoffenheim after being told by Magath that he would not be in the starting lineup. Diego refused to be a substitute.
The Brazilian played for Werder Bremen before a spell with Juventus.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts