Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba inspires Juventus but Inter Milan stay in touch
Monday 22 October 2012
Antonio Cassano ensured Internazionale kept within touching distance of Serie A leaders Juventus as they beat Catania 2-0 at San Siro yesterday. Cassano slotted in from close range to put the home side ahead on 28 minutes and Rodrigo Palacio made the points safe five minutes from time.
Juventus stay top after former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba and Martin Caceres both struck late on to put them three points clear with a 2-0 victory over second-placed Napoli on Saturday.
Bayern Munich thrashed Fortuna Dusseldorf 5-0 and still lead the Bundesliga by five points thanks to goals from Mario Mandzukic, Luis Gustavo, Thomas Müller (2) and Rafinha.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'