Gareth Bale is set to remain in Madrid during the international break as he looks to recover from the thigh injury that has undermined the world-record signing's start to life at the Bernabeu.
Real coach Carlo Ancelotti indicated the 24-year-old winger would remain in the Spanish capital to continue his rehabilitation, despite being included in Wales' squad for their final two World Cup qualifiers.
Wales coach Chris Coleman surprisingly named Bale on Thursday, only to immediately admit he would take no part in matches against Macedonia and Belgium.
And while Ancelotti said Madrid were still discussing Bale's plans over the next fortnight with the Wales hierarchy, he believes the winger will remain in Spain to ensure he is fit to return after the international break.
"He'll stay here to train for 15 days," Ancelotti was reported as saying on the club's official website.
"We have to co-ordinate with Wales but I think that he'll stay here in the end and train over the 15 days. That way he'll be ready for the match after the break".
Bale has made just one start since completing his world-record move to Madrid.
He was a second-half substitute in last week's 1-0 derby draw to Atletico Madrid, before again being struck down by injury after his pre-season was severely limited.
Ancelotti admitted that the Bale had become frustrated that he is yet to hit full stride for his new club, but believes the winger will be fit and ready when Madrid host Malaga on October 19.
"He's not happy because he was looking forward to playing," he said.
"He's had a rough patch and that's normal when someone wants to play and can't. He's calm and mentally he's doing well.
"It's a small issue, nothing serious, and it will be taken care of in 15 days."
Coleman on Thursday risked the wrath of Madrid by suggesting the Spanish club had thrown Bale in at the deep end following his much-anticipated move from Tottenham.
The former Fulham boss suggested Wales' star man has not been handled as he should have been after missing nearly all of pre-season with abdominal and foot injuries.
"We have spoken to the doctor and we will be without him, but we said all along it is very tough for him to have had no pre-season and be thrown in at the deep end," said Coleman.
"I would never criticise another manager - Carlo Ancelotti is a brilliant manager - but La Liga football is a different tempo to the Premier League. The Premier League is the fastest so maybe Carlo is thinking Gareth can handle it, he's a super athlete.
"But in our last camp he was nowhere near fit. He had a reaction on the morning of the Macedonia game, that is why we only used him for 35 minutes against Serbia last month.
"You have to put things in perspective. What has happened to him with the move, he must feel under pressure.
"He is probably trying too hard to do things that come naturally to him. Physically he is not there, he is not ready and he might not be for some time.
"If you don't do a pre-season, no matter how good you are, you always play catch up for the season. This season might be a tough one for him, as good as he is.
"On top of that he has had the weight and stress of 'Will the move happen, won't it?' and then it happens.
"I think he has gone into it when he is not at his fittest physically or mentally. It has had an affect.
"I hope I am wrong but I don't think it will be the last injury he gets this season because of the stress of everything."
- More about:
- Atletico De Madrid
- Carlo Ancelotti
- Gareth Bale
- Paris Saint-Germain FC