Inter Milan play down Messi transfer talk
Tuesday 19 October 2010
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has played down rumours linking last season's Serie A champions with a move for Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The Argentina international has recently been the subject of media speculation linking him with a shock move to Italy, but Moratti does not think there is any substance to the rumours.
He was quoted on Sky Italia as saying after Inter's 1-0 victory at Cagliari on Sunday: "Messi? It's the journalists who continue to refer to him.
"Messi would be wanted by any club, but signing him would be a very difficult operation. But in the future, who knows?"
Meanwhile, Moratti was pleased with Inter's display on Sardinia, adding: "I liked the team against Cagliari, they showed the character that was needed for that type of game.
"I don't think we are dependent on Samuel Eto'o as everyone said the same thing when we had Zlatan Ibrahimovic when we won two Scudetti."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police