Internazionale captain Javier Zanetti hopes for last hurrah after latest injury
Monday 29 April 2013
Internazionale's captain, Javier Zanetti, says he hopes to play again after rupturing an Achilles tendon in Sunday's 1-0 loss to Palermo.
The defender, who will be 40 in August, is likely to be out for six months but says: "I'd like to play at least one more game in front of my fans, and I hope it's more than one."
Zanetti joined Inter in 1995 from Argentinian club Banfield and has played more than 800 games for the club. His contract expires at the end of the season.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc