Ledesma committed to Lazio, says agent
Thursday 31 May 2012
Lazio midfielder Cristian Ledesma will remain at the club next season despite reported interest from Manchester City, according to the player's agent.
City manager Roberto Mancini is a known admirer of the 29-year-old Ledesma, who missed just one league game for Lazio this season.
"Mancini likes Ledesma," Ledesma's agent Vincenzo D'Ippolito said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Each year this interest is renewed but Cristian has made a life choice and wants to remain in Rome.
"He is not the classic player that thinks about money above everything else.
"I believe he will end his career with the Biancoceleste.
"He is ready to be the captain of Lazio next season."
Ledesma joined Lazio in 2006 from Lecce and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2015.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile