Lionel Messi double keeps Barcelona top of La Liga pile
Monday 29 October 2012
Lionel Messi scored twice as Barcelona beat Rayo Vallecano 5-0 on Saturday to continue their unbeaten start and remain top of La Liga. David Villa, Cesc Fabregas and Xavi completed the rout.
In Italy, Juventus maintained their impressive start to the Serie A season with a 1-0 win at Catania yesterday. Artuto Vidal claimed the winner in the second half.
Milan bounced back after three defeats in a row with a 1-0 home win against Genoa.
Meanwhile, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored as Paris Saint-Germain beat Nancy 1-0 in Ligue 1. It was the Swede's 12th goal in 13 games.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?