Man U target unlikely to stay at Nurnberg
Wednesday 10 November 2010
Nurnberg have confirmed that midfield starlet Ilkay Gundogan is unlikely to be at the club next season.
The Germany Under-21 international is rumoured to be attracting the interest of Manchester United and, with the youngster's contract ending in the summer of 2012, it appears Dieter Hecking's Bundesliga outfit will cash in on their prize asset.
General manager Martin Bader said: It's a scenario that Klaus Allofs (Werder Bremen general manager) recently experienced with Mesut Ozil.
"He kept trying to keep hold of him but, eventually, at some point, things were way beyond Bremen's financial limits.
"We are also subject to economic considerations. It's a fact that clubs from inside and outside the Bundesliga have learned about the exceptional qualities of Ilkay Gundogan."
A mysterious rap singing the praises of Nigel Farage's party has appeared on YouTube
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Brazuca: Lionel Messi helps Adidas unveil the official ball for World Cup 2014
Manchester United v Everton: David Moyes keeps lid on emotions ahead of Everton's visit to Old Trafford
Arsenal v Hull: Bacary Sagna ruled out with hamstring injury while Arsene Wenger denies Alvaro Morata agreement
- 1 John Williams' Stoner wins Waterstones Book of the Year
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do