Vieira confirms Inter Milan exit
Tuesday 13 October 2009
France midfielder Patrick Vieira has confirmed he will leave Inter Milan at the end of the season.
Vieira has become a peripheral figure at the San Siro, making just six appearances under Jose Mourinho this term.
There was talk the 33-year-old would leave Inter in January in a bid to preserve his place in the French squad should they qualify for next summer's World Cup finals.
But the former AC Milan and Arsenal star is adamant he will honour his current deal which expires in June 2010 before seeking new employers.
"I want to play more but I also want to respect my contract," Vieira said in Italian newspaper Tuttosport.
"Nothing will happen in January. But I will leave Inter in June and I have yet to decide whether to play in the Premier League or in the French league."
Arsenal have been linked with a move to bring Vieira back to north London while Paris St Germain are also expected to make a move for the commanding midfielder.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government