Viera issues exit threat to Mourinho
Friday 02 October 2009
Patrick Vieira will quit Inter Milan if he is not given more playing time, the midfielder announced today.
Vieira has been at the San Siro since 2006 but has found himself a bit part player of late behind Dejan Stankovic, Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Zanetti and Sulley Muntari in the pecking order.
The former Arsenal star was left out of the France squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers yesterday and, with South Africa 2010 just around the corner, the 33-year-old has revealed he could seek a move in January.
"If nothing changes then yes (I will leave)," Vieira told L'Equipe. "I need rhythm, a run of matches at a high level.
"I don't want to make any conclusions before December.
"If my situation hasn't changed from now until then, I will take the necessary decisions.
"If I don't play a lot more it could be problematic."
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes head injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Robin van Persie says it's 'still possible' for Manchester United to win the Premier League title this season, but admits it will be 'very hard'
Sam Wallace: Players of Suarez’s standing just don’t sign for clubs like Liverpool
Lionel Messi transfer news: Manuel Pellegrini dismisses £200m Manchester City move for Barcelona star as 'rumours and only rumours'
Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict