Women's Champions League final: Wolfsburg stun holders Lyons at Stamford Bridge
Friday 24 May 2013
Wolfsburg won the Women's Champions League after beating the holders Lyons 1-0 in the final at Stamford Bridge.
Martina Müller's 74th-minute penalty proved decisive against the French side, who were playing their fourth consecutive final. The win completed the treble for Wolfsburg, who had previously been crowned German league and cup champions.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are