Adel Taarabt named Championship player of the year
Monday 21 March 2011
QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt has been named the Football League player of the year after firing Neil Warnock's side to the top of the npower Championship.
The 21-year-old Moroccan has hit 15 goals this season as QPR have pushed for promotion to the Barclays Premier League.
The League One award went to Peterborough's Craig Mackail-Smith, who heads the scoring charts, and another league-leading scorer, Bury's Ryan Lowe, carried off the League Two prize.
Ipswich's highly-rated 17-year-old striker Connor Wickham was named young player of the year and apprentice of the year, while Crewe manager Dario Gradi was handed the Contribution to League Football award.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Southampton: Frank Lampard shuns the limelight ahead of his Premier League farewell
Francis Coquelin: The would-be Zinedine Zidane now making an impression as Arsenal’s Claude Makelele
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Gunners snub that redefined Tim Sherwood
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
'I think you are an ostrich': The funniest managerial quotes of the 2014/15 Premier League season
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland