Adel Taarabt named Championship player of the year
Monday 21 March 2011
QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt has been named the Football League player of the year after firing Neil Warnock's side to the top of the npower Championship.
The 21-year-old Moroccan has hit 15 goals this season as QPR have pushed for promotion to the Barclays Premier League.
The League One award went to Peterborough's Craig Mackail-Smith, who heads the scoring charts, and another league-leading scorer, Bury's Ryan Lowe, carried off the League Two prize.
Ipswich's highly-rated 17-year-old striker Connor Wickham was named young player of the year and apprentice of the year, while Crewe manager Dario Gradi was handed the Contribution to League Football award.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc