Andy Scott sacked by Rotherham
Monday 19 March 2012
Rotherham have sacked manager Andy Scott after less than a year in charge.
The Millers are eight points adrift of the npower League Two play-offs with nine games to go and with promotion looking unlikely, chairman Tony Stewart has removed Scott from his position.
A club statement read: "Rotherham United have this afternoon parted company with first-team manager Andy Scott.
"The club would like to place on record our thanks for Andy's time and effort whilst he has been with Rotherham United, and we wish him well for the future.
"The club have now started the search for a new manager."
Scott was only appointed last April following the dismissal of Ronnie Moore, who left with the club in the play-off positions last March, but after receiving a hefty budget and touting his team for a promotion challenge he has been unable to deliver.
Saturday's defeat at Oxford effectively spelled the end of their play-off ambitions, but the move still comes as something as shock as Scott was interviewed live on Sky Sports News earlier this afternoon regarding his heart condition that ended his playing career aged just 32 and he carried out his usual pre-match press requirements this morning.
The Millers play Macclesfield tomorrow night, but it is currently unclear who will take charge.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward