Harry Redknapp return to Bournemouth
Saturday 08 September 2012
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is back in football after accepting an advisory role at his former club Bournemouth.
The 65-year-old has been out of the game since his surprise sacking by Tottenham in June, despite leading them to fourth in the Premier League last season.
But Redknapp has now agreed to return to the League One club where he began his career in management in 1983, taking up a position in which he will offer advice and expertise. The club's chairman, Eddie Mitchell, said: "It's been in my mind for quite some time to get him involved and tap into his knowledge."
Redknapp enjoyed a successful spell at Bournemouth, helping them escape relegation from the Football League in his first season in charge, and beating Manchester United in the FA Cup.
Latest in Sport
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in unspectacular win ahead of Wallabies showdown
Manchester United transfer news: Robin van Persie could leave this summer with Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller on United wish-list
Arsenal vs Manchester United match report: Wayne Rooney and a Keiran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man? Jack Wilshere, Wayne Rooney, Kieran Gibbs or David de Gea?
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track