Macclesfield and Wycombe fined after brawl
Thursday 10 March 2011
Macclesfield and Wycombe have been hit with £9,000 fines by the Football Association following their ugly brawl in the npower League Two fixture at Moss Rose last month.
Chairboys defender Dave Winfield was dismissed during the scuffle which saw every outfield Wycombe player involved, as well as Silkmen duo Ricky Sappleton and Emile Sinclair sent off.
Both clubs were charged by the FA with a failure to ensure that they controlled their players and pleaded guilty at a private hearing on Wednesday afternoon where the FA imposed the fine.
Macclesfield have already fined every player involved, as well as boss Gary Simpson and his management team.
Latest in Sport
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict