Abou Diaby set for swift return
Thursday 13 September 2012
Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has played down the seriousness of Abou Diaby's latest injury, claiming the midfielder could even be fit for the game against Southampton this weekend.
Diaby hurt his hip after scoring the winner in France's 1-0 victory in Finland on Friday. The 26-year-old missed his country's win over Belarus on Tuesday as a result, but Wenger said: "He has slight pain on the hip, on the sartorius muscle. It doesn't seem serious at all to me. He even has a small chance to play on Saturday."
Reports in France suggested he would return for Tuesday's opening Champions League match against Montpellier.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair