Abou Diaby set for swift return
Thursday 13 September 2012
Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has played down the seriousness of Abou Diaby's latest injury, claiming the midfielder could even be fit for the game against Southampton this weekend.
Diaby hurt his hip after scoring the winner in France's 1-0 victory in Finland on Friday. The 26-year-old missed his country's win over Belarus on Tuesday as a result, but Wenger said: "He has slight pain on the hip, on the sartorius muscle. It doesn't seem serious at all to me. He even has a small chance to play on Saturday."
Reports in France suggested he would return for Tuesday's opening Champions League match against Montpellier.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police