Africa Cup of Nations: Reports and fixtures
Friday 22 January 2010
Zambia weathered a late rally to reach the quarter-finals for the first time in 14 years after securing top spot in Group D.
The Copper Bullets, who will face Nigeria in the last eight, finished in a three-way tie in the group but came out on top on goals scored. They were level on points and goal difference with Cameroon and Gabon but in a mini-league between the trio had scored four to Cameroon's three and Gabon's two.
Rainford Kalaba and a James Chamanga tap-in put Zambia 2-0 up before a goal seven minutes from time by Fabrice do Marcelino set up a tense finish. In the other match, Cameroon twice came from behind to confirm their last-eight place.
Sunday Angola v Ghana, Ivory Coast v Algeria
Monday Egypt v Cameroon, Zambia v Nigeria
Latest in Sport
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Michel Platini will consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa president election
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
Psychic penguins have made their pick for Arsenal vs Aston Villa in the FA Cup final...
How to boycott Fifa - a football fan's guide
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity