Australia vs Spain player ratings World Cup 2014: Did David Villa top score in his last international game?
Australia 0 Spain 3: A closer look at the individual performances
Monday 23 June 2014
Spain were able to leave Brazil with their heads held a little higher than they might have been thanks to a resounding victory over Australia in Curitiba.
David Villa opened the scoring with a fine flick off the inside of his heel during the first half. Spain's all-time leading scorer was later substituted before breaking down in tears after what was probably his last game for La Roja.
Back on the pitch, Chelsea striker Fernando Torres managed to find the back of the net before Manchester United's Juan Mata completed the scoring shortly before the end.
The result meant the reigning champions ended the Group Stage with three points while Australia lost all their games.
Who do you think was man-of-the-match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker