Australia vs Spain player ratings World Cup 2014: Did David Villa top score in his last international game?
Australia 0 Spain 3: A closer look at the individual performances
Monday 23 June 2014
Spain were able to leave Brazil with their heads held a little higher than they might have been thanks to a resounding victory over Australia in Curitiba.
David Villa opened the scoring with a fine flick off the inside of his heel during the first half. Spain's all-time leading scorer was later substituted before breaking down in tears after what was probably his last game for La Roja.
Back on the pitch, Chelsea striker Fernando Torres managed to find the back of the net before Manchester United's Juan Mata completed the scoring shortly before the end.
The result meant the reigning champions ended the Group Stage with three points while Australia lost all their games.
Who do you think was man-of-the-match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Gareth Bale to quit Real Madrid? Wales international will 'resist' interest from Manchester United and Chelsea
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Zab Judah denies flooring Mayweather during sparring as he prepares for 2 May
Malaysian GP 2015: Silverstone chief warns European Grands Prix are in peril without government funding
Thierry Henry: I don't want to see Arsenal do a Liverpool and not win a title for 25 years
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice