Bale and Ramsey in Wales squad to face England
Saturday 19 March 2011
Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will make welcome returns to the Wales squad for new manager Gary Speed's first competitive match against England next week.
Craig Bellamy is also included in Speed's initial 25-man party for the Euro 2012 qualifier against England in eight days' time.
Bale missed last month's Carling Nations Cup loss to the Republic of Ireland in Dublin with a back injury, while Cardiff's on-loan forward Bellamy was rested due to an ongoing knee complaint.
Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has not represented his country since November 2009 after suffering a broken leg just over a year ago.
The 20-year-old returned to the Arsenal side for the first time last week after loan spells at Nottingham Forest and Cardiff.
West Ham defender Danny Gabbidon is also in the squad as he looks to reignite his international career.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more