Bale and Ramsey in Wales squad to face England
Saturday 19 March 2011
Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will make welcome returns to the Wales squad for new manager Gary Speed's first competitive match against England next week.
Craig Bellamy is also included in Speed's initial 25-man party for the Euro 2012 qualifier against England in eight days' time.
Bale missed last month's Carling Nations Cup loss to the Republic of Ireland in Dublin with a back injury, while Cardiff's on-loan forward Bellamy was rested due to an ongoing knee complaint.
Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has not represented his country since November 2009 after suffering a broken leg just over a year ago.
The 20-year-old returned to the Arsenal side for the first time last week after loan spells at Nottingham Forest and Cardiff.
West Ham defender Danny Gabbidon is also in the squad as he looks to reignite his international career.
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella