Bale and Ramsey in Wales squad to face England
Saturday 19 March 2011
Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will make welcome returns to the Wales squad for new manager Gary Speed's first competitive match against England next week.
Craig Bellamy is also included in Speed's initial 25-man party for the Euro 2012 qualifier against England in eight days' time.
Bale missed last month's Carling Nations Cup loss to the Republic of Ireland in Dublin with a back injury, while Cardiff's on-loan forward Bellamy was rested due to an ongoing knee complaint.
Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has not represented his country since November 2009 after suffering a broken leg just over a year ago.
The 20-year-old returned to the Arsenal side for the first time last week after loan spells at Nottingham Forest and Cardiff.
West Ham defender Danny Gabbidon is also in the squad as he looks to reignite his international career.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
Raheem Sterling interview: No amount of money can convince Sterling to stay at Liverpool
Liverpool injury news: Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren expected to be ready for Arsenal clash
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims