Bale and Ramsey in Wales squad to face England
Saturday 19 March 2011
Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey will make welcome returns to the Wales squad for new manager Gary Speed's first competitive match against England next week.
Craig Bellamy is also included in Speed's initial 25-man party for the Euro 2012 qualifier against England in eight days' time.
Bale missed last month's Carling Nations Cup loss to the Republic of Ireland in Dublin with a back injury, while Cardiff's on-loan forward Bellamy was rested due to an ongoing knee complaint.
Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has not represented his country since November 2009 after suffering a broken leg just over a year ago.
The 20-year-old returned to the Arsenal side for the first time last week after loan spells at Nottingham Forest and Cardiff.
West Ham defender Danny Gabbidon is also in the squad as he looks to reignite his international career.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Phil Hughes: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Schalke vs Chelsea: Roberto Di Matteo admits thrashing by former side was most painful defeat of his career
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football