Didier Deschamps omits Samir Nasri from French squad
Friday 05 October 2012
The Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has been left out of the France squad to face Japan in a friendly and Spain in a World Cup qualifier this month despite having served a three-match ban.
France coach Didier Deschamps said it was not yet "the right time" for Nasri to make his return. "I prefer to give it a little longer," Deschamps said. "But he can still be picked in the future."
Nasri was handed a ban by the French federation after he insulted a journalist following the quarter-final defeat by Spain at Euro 2012.
Deschamps has called up Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko and Anzhi Makhachkala's Lassana Diarra.
Latest in Sport
UFC 190 Ronda Rousey vs Bethe Correia: What time does it start and where can I watch it, plus Mauricio Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Have Liverpool found the next Luis Suarez? Reds give trial to Uruguayan wonderkid Juan Manuel Sanabria
Aaron Ramsey interview: Wales midfielder determined to be centre of attention for Arsenal this season
Community Shield: Arsene Wenger needs to strike first blow in rivalry with Jose Mourinho
Ashes 2015: Mitchell Johnson goads England fans as Edgbaston crowd shows little mercy for Australia
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series
- 5 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dies: Wrestling legend dies aged 61, according to reports