Didier Deschamps omits Samir Nasri from French squad
Friday 05 October 2012
The Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has been left out of the France squad to face Japan in a friendly and Spain in a World Cup qualifier this month despite having served a three-match ban.
France coach Didier Deschamps said it was not yet "the right time" for Nasri to make his return. "I prefer to give it a little longer," Deschamps said. "But he can still be picked in the future."
Nasri was handed a ban by the French federation after he insulted a journalist following the quarter-final defeat by Spain at Euro 2012.
Deschamps has called up Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko and Anzhi Makhachkala's Lassana Diarra.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Stoke City vs Newcastle analysis: Window woes leave Alan Pardew bereft of flair
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo banner: This is how Real Madrid striker reacted to the stunt by Manchester United fans
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'