Didier Deschamps omits Samir Nasri from French squad
Friday 05 October 2012
The Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has been left out of the France squad to face Japan in a friendly and Spain in a World Cup qualifier this month despite having served a three-match ban.
France coach Didier Deschamps said it was not yet "the right time" for Nasri to make his return. "I prefer to give it a little longer," Deschamps said. "But he can still be picked in the future."
Nasri was handed a ban by the French federation after he insulted a journalist following the quarter-final defeat by Spain at Euro 2012.
Deschamps has called up Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko and Anzhi Makhachkala's Lassana Diarra.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
Shrewsbury vs Chelsea player ratings: Mohamed Salah? Oscar? Didier Drogba? Who was the star?
Capital One Cup fifth-round draw: Chelsea meet Derby, Tottenham face Newcastle, Liverpool travel to Bournemouth
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Number of global billionaires has doubled since the financial crisis
- 3 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 4 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 5 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'