Didier Deschamps omits Samir Nasri from French squad
Friday 05 October 2012
The Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has been left out of the France squad to face Japan in a friendly and Spain in a World Cup qualifier this month despite having served a three-match ban.
France coach Didier Deschamps said it was not yet "the right time" for Nasri to make his return. "I prefer to give it a little longer," Deschamps said. "But he can still be picked in the future."
Nasri was handed a ban by the French federation after he insulted a journalist following the quarter-final defeat by Spain at Euro 2012.
Deschamps has called up Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko and Anzhi Makhachkala's Lassana Diarra.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners given boost in hunt for Marco Reus, why Wenger signed Gabriel Paulista, no move for Cheick Tiote
Chelsea injury news: Cesc Fabregas and Branislav Ivanovic could join Diego Costa on the sidelines for crucial Manchester City clash
Australian Open 2015: Thanks to Amelie Mauresmo, it's no longer Andy Murray against the world
Fantasy Premier League: Invest in Arsenal to climb the ranks in Gameweek 23
Manchester United sign former Manchester City prospect Sadiq El Fitouri on advice from Phil Neville and Paul Scholes
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her