Didier Deschamps omits Samir Nasri from French squad
Friday 05 October 2012
The Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has been left out of the France squad to face Japan in a friendly and Spain in a World Cup qualifier this month despite having served a three-match ban.
France coach Didier Deschamps said it was not yet "the right time" for Nasri to make his return. "I prefer to give it a little longer," Deschamps said. "But he can still be picked in the future."
Nasri was handed a ban by the French federation after he insulted a journalist following the quarter-final defeat by Spain at Euro 2012.
Deschamps has called up Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko and Anzhi Makhachkala's Lassana Diarra.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for Real Madrid, despite his Manchester United ties
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough